Plan a Visit
Going to a new church for the first time can be nerve-racking. We want to help make your first experience at Sturgis Missionary Church a great one! Here you'll find service times, directions and what to expect.
Sunday Worship Service
9:00 am & 10:30 am.
Both services will practice social distancing (we will assume our fellow worshippers prefer six feet of personal space). Children will be joining us in worship. Our nursery will be open for any parents who may need to use the nursery room during worship. The worship center is setup for 20 people per 1,000 sq. ft.
- 10:30 am service
- We will wear face coverings inside the building, but face coverings may be removed when in the worship center.
- There will be two entrances (main entrance and side entrance to the worship center)
- 9 am service
- Extra precautions will be in place for the vulnerable population and others who may choose to attend.
- Face coverings will be worn at all times, including times of singing.
- Singing will take place at the end of the message following dismissal for those who may choose to exit.
- Speakers will remove their face coverings when addressing the congregation.
- If you prefer to stay in your car for drive-in church, tune your radio to 89.7 FM.
LOCATION & DIRECTIONS
Sturgis Missionary Church is located on M-66 in Sturgis, Michigan, just north of downtown.
What can I expect?
How long is the service?
In total, a Sturgis Missionary Church service is about 60 minutes in length.
At typical service goes something like this:
- Welcome: Our Worship Team will welcome the congregation and open the service with a song using keyboard, guitars and drums. Most people stand up, but everyone is free to worship as they choose.
- Announcements / Prayer / Offering: The Pastor prays, and an offering plate is passed around for regular attenders to give a tithe if they wish.
- Worship: The Worship Team will lead a few songs (either a selection of current worship music or an occasional hymn.) Again, most people stand, but feel free to remain seated if you wish.
- Message: Our pastor delivers a message from the Bible that helps the church learn more about God and inspires us to live our lives more fully for him.
At the end of the service, people are welcome to hang out and talk or just spend time with God as long as they care to.
What's the culture like at Sturgis Missionary?
Sundays at Sturgis Missionary are fun, casual, and relaxed. Come as you are and expect to feel welcomed as our guest.
Dress is casual. When you arrive, you are welcome to have a free cup of coffee or tea from the lobby and even take it with you into our worship center.
What about my kids?
We believe that kids should have a blast at church every single week - and at SMC, we make this a priority. Due to Covid-19 precautions, children will worship with their families in the worship center. We will have age-appropriate Praise Packs available to pick up at the start of service that will help keep your little ones occupied!
Parents, the nursery is also open for you to use as needed. However, it will not be staffed at this time.
We look forward to offering our full children's ministry program again soon! Any questions or concerns? Contact us.
Let us know you're coming
Ready to check out Sturgis Missionary Church in person? We can't wait to meet you in person. Simply fill out the form below to let us know you're coming!
"When my husband and I moved to Sturgis from Colorado several years ago, we were concerned about our two kids in high school. The move was mid school year and we were able to make contact with the Youth Leaders at Sturgis Missionary Church (SMC) before the move to prepare our kids. The church leaders, youth and other members of the congregation were very helpful to our family."